Another mum recipe that hit the spot and then some. I’ve missed mee goreng for a while. She made this in what seems like five minutes.
1. She boiled a couple packs of instant noodles.
2. She heated up about 2 tablespoons of oil on the wok till screaming hot.
3. Then shredded carrots + cabbage, bean sprouts, chopped garlic, cilantro, chillies (red and green) and cubed tofu were added.
4. Next, she threw the noodles in.
5. Then a paste of curry powder and fish sauce were added to coat the noodles and vegetables.
6. Last, she crisped up some thinly sliced shallots as a garnish, along with more sliced chillies and cilantro. The best part (of the garnish) was the dried + fried ikan bilis (tiny deep fried fish) she brought along from Singapore.
Seriously, it took her about five minutes. I would have added an egg sunny side-up, if I were less lazy and overheated. Mmmmmm.